Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan information

Information about Education, Health and Care Plans for the early years

Welcome to the statutory Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan section of our Local Offer.

Here you can find out more information about statutory support, including how to request a statutory Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment and information about SEND Personal Budgets.

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) & Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans

If your child is not making the progress expected despite receiving additional help (Early Years SEN Support) then a statutory Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment may be carried out. 

SEND Personal Budgets

Special Educational Needs (SEND) Personal Budgets are a way of having more choice and control over meeting the needs in your child's Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan. SEND Personal Budgets can be requested either when your child's EHC plan is being drafted or when it has been issued. Please click the link above for more information.

The below video gives an outline of the process of getting an EHCP for your child. It also looks at the One Page Profile, Early Help Assessment (sometimes known as Common Assessment (CAF)) and touches on the transitions from nursery to school. The video gives a real life prospective from a parent of a child with SEND.  

This second video looks at what an Education, Health and Care plan is and the process of getting one for your child. There are some clear diagrams to help you try to understand the process.