Complaints Regarding Social Care Provision

Information about making a complaints Regarding Social Care Provision

If you have a concern or complaint regarding Social Care provision as part of my child’s EHC needs assessment or Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan:

If you have a concern regarding social care provision as part of your or your child’s EHC Needs Assessment or Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, in the first instance you should contact your child’s SEND practitioner directly.

If the issue is not resolved through this route, the local authority commissions a Disagreement Resolution Service, via Global Mediation. This service can help to reach agreement between parent-carers, young people and organisations that provide health provision. In relation to health provision, this can be during:

  • an EHC needs assessment
  • when EHC plans are being drafted
  • when they are being reviewed or;
  • when children/young people are being reassessed

Making a complaint via the Local Authority’s Complaints process

You can also make a complaint via the Bath and North East Somerset’s Children’s Services Complaints procedure.

For further information about making a complaint, please see our main Complaints page.

SEND Tribunal Trial

The Government are currently piloting a single route of redress national trial that will allow tribunals to make non-binding recommendations about health or social care provision listed in a child’s statutory Education, Health or Care (EHC) plan. Previously the SEND Tribunals only considered the provision related to special education needs, provision and placement elements of EHC plans.

The trial began on 3rd April 2018 and will last for two years. For more information, please visit our SEND Tribunal page.