About the scheme
The Rainbow Resource card can entitle you to access an existing concession on offer at venues across B&NES and the wider area. It will also provide discreet recognition if you find yourself needing support from staff at the attraction or venue.
You can also use it to reserve a Bag Book from your local library. You can find out more about Bag Books on our web site. The Bag Books are stored centrally but can be reserved and delivered to the most convenient library and you will be contacted when it is ready for collection. We are increasing our stock although do not have every title available.
The Rainbow Resource card is completely free, and we will provide you with a wallet sized card confirming your child's Special Educational Need and/or disability.
We are continually growing, and contacting attractions and organisations across the South West inviting them to support this scheme. The full list of current participants can be found below.
Suggest places for us to approach to invite them to accept the card.
Read the full list of participants
- Adventure Golf, Royal Victoria Park
- Aerospace, Bristol
- Air Hop, Bristol
- American Museum, Bath
- Avon Valley Adventure Park, Keynsham
- Avon Valley Railway, Bitton
- Bath Abbey, Bath
- BETTER Keynsham Leisure Centre – Soft Play
- Bishop’s Palace, Wells
- Bristol Aquarium
- Bristol Zoo Gardens
- Dyrham Park, National Trust
- East Somerset Railway, Cranmore
- Excel Tennis, Royal Victoria Park
- Fleet Air Arm Museum, Somerset
- Go Ape South West
- Grand Pier, Weston Super Mare
- Holburne Museum, Bath
- Immotion VR, Bristol
- Noahs Ark Zoo Farm, Bristol
- Ocean Adventurers Softplay, Cheddar
- Prior Park Landscape Garden, National Trust
- Puxton Park, North Somerset
- Roman Baths, Bath
- SS Great Britain, Bristol
- The Egg Theatre, Bath
- The Little Theatre, Bath
- The Museum of East Asian Art, Bath
- The Square Softplay, Wells
- Victoria Art Gallery, Bath
- We The Curious, Bristol
- Wookey Hole, Wells
Your child or young person aged between 0 and 25 years will be eligible for a Rainbow Resource card if the meet any of the following criteria:
- They have a diagnosed condition
- They have an Education, Health and/or Care Plan (EHCP)
- They are in receipt of Disabled Living Allowance (DLA)
- Receives Band C Inclusion Support Funding
The child/young person must also be living in Bath and North East Somerset
Before you start
When registering you will need to provide:
- Details for your child
- Your contact details
- Information on your child's condition and diagnosis
- Evidence of the condition/diagnosis
- Evidence of receipt of DLA (if applicable)
You'll also be asked if you want your child to be added to the Disabled Childrens Register, and if we can send your details to B&NES Carers Centre to see if you are eligible for a Carer's Card.
Other ways to apply
If you have any further questions please contact us using our online form.
If your business, organisation, or charity supports and welcomes young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and you would like to support our Rainbow Resource scheme, please get in touch with the Rainbow Resource team by using our Contact Us form.
It costs nothing to support the scheme, but by accepting the Rainbow Resource card and actively promoting your accessibility to families you will be offering great reassurance, and naturally will encourage more interaction with your services. We look forward to hearing from you soon.