If you are unhappy about anything you have experienced or the support you are receiving, you or a parent/carer are able to access mediation, make a formal complaint and access an advocate.
What is mediation? Mediation is an intervention in a dispute/disagreement in order to resolve it.
What is an advocate? An Advocate helps you to speak up for your wishes and ensure your voice is heard. They are able to challenge on your behalf when things aren't going according to your intentions.
To find out more about support available or how to make a complaint, please select one of the links below:
- Complaints Regarding a Health Service or Provider
- Complaints Regarding Social Care Provision
- Global Mediation
- SEND Tribunal Single Route of Redress - National Trial
- Mediation and Complaints (Educations and SEND Provision)
- SEND - Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) Appeal to First Tier Tribunal
- What to do if you disagree with decisions about SEN provision